Creative-Theology® Discussion [see www.Creative-Theology.org]

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/10/2012 2:39 pm  #1

Real Numbers vs Subjective Response

"I like it" or "I don't like it" has value---but not as much as real numbers.  Real numbers are tied to specific CRITERIA: 1) how much will it coast to implement?, 2) how much will it cut down on wasted hours?, 3) how long will this solution last?...etc.  Ranking ideas or potential solutions by desired criteria tied to actual numbers can take evaluation out of the subjective and into the objective.  Thus I might see that my favorite idea is a bust.  Or, that someone else's idea is better!  Determining Criteria forces me to ask the key question: "What are we trying to achieve?" and then "How effective will this idea versus that other idea be in actually achieving the desired result?"  Yes, we can deal from our gut reactions.  But it's much more powerful when we have actual data (numbers) to back up our superficial preferences.

Dan

5/28/2012 3:26 pm  #2

Re: Real Numbers vs Subjective Response

Just an addition: it all starts with one's AIM.  What is the focal-point around which everything else resolves?  What is the umbrella that ecompasses all else?  What is the foundation upon which everything else rests?  What is most important?

Everything else must align with the AIM or you get conflict, confusion, and failure.

Dan

7/23/2012 6:34 pm  #3

Re: Real Numbers vs Subjective Response

Also, DATA is numbers.  They can be subjective ("on a scale of 1 to 5...1 to 10...) but better if actual numbers: the number of visitors last week at our monthly Sunday morning service (for say a church).  To get the numbers takes putting into place the means to get them: as an ongoing part of the System.  Those means need to be "institutionalize" or made part of the regular way of doing business.

Then evaluation doesn't have to be an occasional exercise, but an ongoing reality.

Dan

For Books and free Videos by Dr. Lyle see www.LylePublishing.com