Creative-Theology® Discussion [see www.Creative-Theology.org]

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/17/2012 2:10 pm  #1

Hate in politics, religion, and work

It's sad how much of politics, religion, and work is based on hate: why I'm better than you---and attacking those who feel differently.  Even when "love" is actively proclaimed (as in many religious groups) it's often expressed as denunciation, demonization, and ridicule of those who don't agree that I know best.

How silly!  Surely I know best!  I agree with me!  Shouldn't everyone else to the same?

The key to getting past this self-congratulating self-delusion is simple: humility plus respect. 

First of all, I'm not as smart as I think I am (proved by real-world experience over and over).  Secondly, I can learn from other people if I just listen to them (proved over and over by real-world experience).

Expert Facilitation helps this to happen in self-righteous, angry, defensive, immature groups of people (i.e. regular people).

Dan

10/01/2012 3:06 pm  #2

Re: Hate in politics, religion, and work

Just a note that hate is oftern disguised by supposed-love.  In other words: "I love you so much I will destroy you to get rid of that [sin, wrong thing, wrong belief, wrong action in your life."  Also, a natural tendency for wanting to draw hard and fast boundaries/borders (from our survival instinct) can exclude/condemn others just because they happen to be on the other side, rather than an overt hatred for that person or thing.

But hate is still hate, no matter how one justifies it.

Dan

12/13/2012 12:05 pm  #3

Also, hate is a powerful emotion.  It can drive people, unknown to them, to seek justification while ignoring counterbearing evidence.  This means that arguments can be illogical, i.e. emotion-based.  Very difficult to counter.  So "haters" is indeed an appropriate label at times, necessitating the expert Facilitator to either go around that topic or to gently extend responsibility beyond the immediate circumstance ("Do all people feel this way?"

Dan

7/10/2019 11:04 pm  #4

...But even writing about one is the same as writing about all of them because European religion is the same no matter where you go, even if the names for the Gods are different and there is a few variations due to divergence over time from the pro Indo European culture...

For Books and free Videos by Dr. Lyle see www.LylePublishing.com